Get access to thousands of lesson plansJoin us
Share My Lesson's Foundations of Democracy Collection
This collection gives teachers access to foundational principles of democracies including rule of law, limited government and checks and balances. It can be used to build background knowledge to analyze the health of our democracy over time and in today's environment.
Foundations of Democracy: Answering Essential Questions
- What systems attempt to limit government power?
- Where does the government gain its authority in a democracy?
- What is the rule of law and how does it play out in democracies?
- What are ways of measuring the health of a democracy?
- What recourses are in place to ensure the health of democracy?
Free PD Webinars to Certify Your Skills
Check out one of our outstanding webinars below and experience the quality content that goes hand-in-hand with Share My Lesson.
Be sure to read a Kelly Booz's Share My Lessson blog on civic education, which explains why civic knowledge on important topics, like rule of law and limited government, are vital to a healthy democracy.
#8 Collection of 2018