Welcome to teaching! We want to help you as you begin your role as classroom leader. The AFT has developed new resources targeted toward teachers in the early years of their careers; all are designed to help you:
- Find valuable tools for your first weeks in school, including the basics of setting up your classroom and working with parents, the essentials of classroom management, and resources on content knowledge and pedagogy.
- Discover AFT resources on teacher evaluation, feedback, professional development and teacher leadership.
- Learn about your union and how to become more active and engaged in the work we do, and in your local community.
- Get sound information about managing your personal finances.
- Connect with other new teachers through online issue discussions and social media.
Pinterest: AFT New Teachers