Using Classroom Circles to Foster SEL, Build Community and Support Restorative Practices - Webinar
Join Morningside Center and Share My Lesson for a webinar on Restorative Practices.
Experienced Morningside Center trainers will share guidelines and tips for facilitating successful circles based on years of work implementing research-based programs in hundreds of New York City public schools. Participants will learn techniques for using circles to build their students’ social and emotional learning (SEL) skills, create a more caring classroom community, and strengthen school efforts to implement restorative practices.
Our facilitators will:
- Share guidelines for facilitating successful classroom circles, including prompts we have found most helpful when first beginning circles
- Provide practical suggestions for how to build students’ SEL skills inside classroom circles, including suggested circle topics
- Offer tips for using circles to build and maintain a strong sense of community in your classroom
- Discuss how circles can support your school’s move to restorative discipline
- Provide links to many more resources on becoming a skilled circle keeper
Register now for this restorative practices webinar.
Available for one-hour of PD credit. Available FREE on demand. A certificate of completion will be available for download at the end of your session that you can submit for your school's or district's approval.
#7 Top Webinar of 2019
Morningside is my go-to for
So many great ideas shared on
More from this Contributor
Teaching the Intersection of Race, Justice and Climate with the March on Washington Film Festival
Presentation | Professional Development
Anniversary in the Schools: Commemorating 9/11 20 Years Later
Presentation | Grades 4-12, Professional Development
Practicing Mindfulness with The Holistic Life Foundation
Adult Education, Professional Development, Paraprofessional and School Related Personnel, Specialized Instructional Support Personnel