Cleaning Up Clean Tech – TILclimate Podcast Educator Guide
Solar panels, wind turbines, and other ‘green’ technologies are an important part of a low-carbon future. What are the environmental and human impacts of these technologies, and how can we reduce or eliminate them? Students investigate the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals and the concept of supply chains.
- Name a few of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals
- Explain what a supply chain is
- Understand why it is important to study supply chains
- Making connections
- HS-ESS3-1 Construct an explanation based on evidence for how the availability of natural resources have influenced human activity.
- HS-ESS3-4 Evaluate or refine a technological solution that reduces impacts of human activities on natural systems.
- RST.11-12.9 Synthesize information from a range of sources into a coherent understanding of a process, phenomenon, or concept.
Disciplinary Core Ideas:
- ESS2.D Weather and Climate
- ESS3.A Natural Resources
- ESS3.C Human Impacts on Earth Systems
- ESS3.D Global Climate Change
More from this Contributor
Solar and Wind Energy – TILclimate Podcast Educator Guide
Activity, Handout | Grades 9-12, Higher Education