Create a Resume in Google Docs
In this lesson, students watch videos that guide them through using Google Docs to format, write, and design a professional resume.
Getting started is easy. Go to the Applied Digital Skills website and sign up to set up your first class. Check out this guide with step-by-step instructions or go directly to the lesson through this link.
This lesson uses videos to teach critical life and technology skills:
- Introduction to Create a Resume in Google Docs
- Select a Template and Brainstorm
- Add Details to Your Resume
- Edit and Format Your Resume
- Get Feedback and Submit Your Resume
- Create a Resume in Google Docs Wrap-Up
- Extension 1: Format the Style of Your Resume
- Extension 2: Revise Your Resume for a Specific Audience
- Extension 3: Write a Cover Letter
- Extension 4: Use Gmail to Request a Letter of Recommendation
- Extension 5: Create a Professional Website or Online Portfolio
- Extension 6: Share Your Resume to Get Feedback
- Publish or present content that customizes the message and medium for intended audiences.
- Demonstrate confidence and self-direction by making independent choices in the selection of resources and information.
- Apply advanced formatting and page layout features when appropriate (e.g. columns, templates, and styles)
- Use menu/toolbar functions (e.g. font/size/style/line spacing, margins) to format, edit and print a document
- Review, revise, and iterate on work to create high-quality artifacts.
- Email a document as an attachment
- Build a website using existing document
- Share documents, comment, and request feedback
Enjoy this lesson on creating a professional resume?
Check out more free lesson plans and resources on Share My Lesson in the Digital Literacy and Computer Science Collection.