Access Free Lesson Plan Here: https://bit.ly/3KL4pUL
In this lesson, students explore various impacts of landfills, learn about the environmental justice movement, and apply their learning to community action.
Step 1 - Inquire: Students learn about the decomposition rates of items commonly found in landfills and begin to discern issues landfills may cause.
Step 2 - Investigate: Students explore their local landfills, watch a video on the beginning of the environmental justice movement, and learn about environmental racism.
Step 3 - Inspire: Students learn about the federal environmental justice office and create a community awareness plan about landfills.
Students will be able to:
- Explain environmental racism and its connection to the environmental justice movement.
- Identify specific environmental and social issues associated with landfills.
- Explain the effects of landfills on surrounding communities.
- Synthesize information from several sources to support an opinion.
- Use evidence, persuasive language, and infographics to create community awareness or inspire action.
More Free Stuff!