Are you concerned that your students don't have a real grasp of what their cost of living will be post-high school or college? This Next Gen Personal Finance salary-based budgeting project will put your concerns to rest. In this engaging project your students will...
- Choose a potential career path and research the salary associated with that career
- Calculate their take-home pay
- Be encouraged to "pay themselves first" through automatic saving
- Research the various costs in an independent adult's budget
- Reflect on the process of budgeting (no deficits allowed!)
Enjoy this Next Gen Personal Finance lesson?
NGPF offers a full semester course curriculum, individual lessons, and hundreds of projects, activities, case studies, and interactives for you to use in your personal finance class -- all for free. View all of our resources, as well as our professional development opportunities, online at ngpf.org. For more activities like this one go to www.ngpf.org/activities/.