In this lesson entitled "Technology at Work," students research technology’s impact on the workplace and on people’s daily lives. Then, they create a report to communicate their findings.
Getting started is easy. Go to the Applied Digital Skills website and sign up to set up your first class. Check out this guide with step-by-step instructions or go directly to the lesson through this link.
This lesson uses videos to teach critical life and technology skills through a self-guided research project. Students research technology’s impact on the workplace and on people’s daily lives. Then, they create a report to communicate their findings.
By the end of these lessons, students should be able to:
- Explain how technology creates new jobs and changes the way people work.
- Recognize information and innovation as key drivers of today’s economy.
- Describe various ways technology continuously changes the workplace.
- Identify different ways technology is used in jobs that may not be typically thought of as “tech” jobs.
- Plan and employ effective research strategies to locate information and other resources for their intellectual or creative pursuits
- Publish or present content that customizes the message and medium for their intended audiences
Enjoy this research project on technology at work?
Check out more free lesson plans and resources on Share My Lesson in the Digital Literacy and Computer Science Collection.