This lesson uses videos to teach critical life and technology skills through a self-guided research project. Students research a current event, like “social media and presidential elections,” and create a report to communicate findings to classmates.
Getting started is easy. Go to the Applied Digital Skills website and sign up to set up your first class. Check out this guide with step-by-step instructions or go directly to the lesson through this link.
By the end of these lessons, students should be able to:
- Explain technology’s role in current events to reveal how it both informs and transforms our world.
- Identify and assess the risks, limits, and opportunities surrounding technology’s role in current events.
- Explain the role of “citizen journalists” and their effect on current events.
- Plan and employ effective research strategies to locate information and other resources for their intellectual or creative pursuits
- Publish or present content that customizes the message and medium for their intended audiences
Enjoy this research project on access to technology?
Check out more free lesson plans and resources on Share My Lesson in the Digital Literacy and Computer Science Collection.