Miladys Cepero-Perez facilitating a text structure professional learning session during Broward Education Foundation Innovative Teacher Expo.
In this lesson plan on text structure, you will:
1. Teach and reinforce the importance of identifying all the different types of text structure that authors use in fiction and nonfiction text.
2. Utilize nonfiction text features to improve students’ research learning skills.
3. Increase students’ comprehension of different kinds of text, so students will be able to be proficient readers in Science, Social Studies, and Mathematics (STEM).
4. Utilize “Accountable Talk” in Reader and Writer Workshop as springboard for learners’ awareness and accountability of their own learning.
5. Have students effectively use graphic organizers to identify text structure and use text evidence to backup their claims in writing.
Enjoy this lesson on digging deeper into text structure?
Check out more free lesson plans and resources on Share My Lesson in the Top 2019 Free Lessons: The Best of Share My Lesson.
#7 Top Member Lesson of 2019