August 16, 2021 | 0 comments
Dr. Fauci Explains Booster Shots and the Delta Variant’s Threat to Children
Ask students: What is a breakthrough infection? What is the common misconception about the vaccine, and how does it actually work?
Booster Shots and Keeping Kids Safe
People who are immunocompromised didn’t gain enough immunity from their first COVID-19 vaccine shots and need a booster for full protection, explains Dr. Fauci. Fauci spoke about breakthrough infections, the delta variant’s threat to children and how the virus is changing. Read the summary, watch the video and answer the discussion questions below. To read the transcript of the video, click here.
- Who is Dr. Anthony Fauci?
- What is a breakthrough infection?
- What is the common misconception about the vaccine, and how does it actually work?
- Why are more children becoming infected with the virus now?
- How can we start turning the tide against the evolved virus, according to Fauci?
- What is herd immunity? What does it take to achieve herd immunity, and how might we as a country work together to reach that level of safety?
- What are some ways a person who is nervous or skeptical about the COVID-19 vaccine can inform themselves about the vaccine?
Media Literacy: Who else do you think could be interviewed on this topic?
- In the face of the delta variant, businesses are starting to require vaccinations for employees. Find out more here.
Republished with permission from PBS NewsHour Extra.
How Fires and Dry Conditions Are Increasing California Air Pollution
October 18, 2021