First Lady Jill Biden and President Joe speak at a Hanukkah reception at the White House. Rabbi Charlie Cytron-Walker of Temple Emanuel in Winston-Salem, NC also speaks at the reception and leads the lighting of the menorah.
- CLIP #1: What inspired the 2022 White House decorations and what "endures" each year, according to First Lady Jill Biden?
- CLIP #1: From what is the new White House menorah made and what do the silver cups "magnify?"
- CLIP #1: Based on the clip, from where have past White House menorahs come and what is "recreated" with the lighting of the menorah?
- CLIP #2: How does Rabbi Charlie Cytron-Walker respond when other people discuss the Colleyville synagogue hostage crisis (2022)?
- CLIP #2: What is the "story" of Hanukkah? Describe what you see and hear during the lighting of the menorah.
- CLIP #3: What is the "promise" of America?
- CLIP #3: According to President Joe Biden, what is the "miracle" of the jar of oil?
- CLIP #3: Based on the clip, what does the Talmud teach? What are the "perils of indifference?"
- CLIP #3: Summarize President Biden's comments about the menorah lighters.