Getting started is easy. Go to the Applied Digital Skills website and sign up to set up your first class. Check out this guide with step-by-step instructions or go directly to the lesson through this link.
This lesson uses videos to teach critical life and technology skills:
- Introduction to Create a Presentation All About a Topic
- Choose a Theme, Insert Slides, Add a Title
- Add Images and Text
- Add Animations and Transitions
- Digitally Share and Comment
- Create a Presentation “All About a Topic” Wrap-Up
- Extension: Edit the Master Slide
- Extension: Customize with Word Art
- Extension: Add Video
- Extension: Publish to the Web
- Extension: Add Effects to Text and Images
- Communicate and publish key ideas and details in a way that informs, persuades, and/or entertains.
- Create artifacts, or computational projects with practical, personal, and /or social intent.
- Identify own areas of interest.
- Use creative and artistic formats to express personal learning.
- Create a new presentation in Google Slides
- Choose a theme
- Add and move slides
- Insert, resize, and reposition an image
- Add text to slides
- Format text (color, font, size)
- Add and resize text boxes
- Add animations and transitions
- Preview in “present” mode
- Digitally share slides with a classmate
- Digitally enter comments in a classmate’s presentation