DBQuest supports students by developing the skills for in-depth primary source analysis and inquiry.
DBQuest introduces students to major questions in civics and history. A “Big Question” acts as guiding light for deep examination of three selected primary resources. Each document challenges students to dig into the text itself and find the relevant information through document–based supporting questions.
Each DBQuest includes:
- A guiding question to address through three selected primary sources
- Target evidence-based reading skills aligned with Common Core
- A variety of texts, images, and video primary source artifacts to explore
- Written reports mapping students’ thinking and work available in My iCivics
- A Guided Mode providing scaffolding throughout the tool and a Freeform Mode that removes the additional assistance