Rating 153 Downloads 661 Views Updated: Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 4:16pm
Summary: In this lab, students will answer the question "How does the original mass of a star influence its lifespan?
- Students will identify whether a star's original mass determines its' lifespan.
- Students should be able to use the Earth Science Reference Table's "Characteristics of Star's" diagram to understand the life of stars.
- It would be great if students can justify whether life could exist near stars like Rigel.
- If signed into Gmail, use the lab link. Click "File" and "Make a Copy" to make it your own!
- Lab is designed for a student-facing, self-paced class, but lesson plan includes approximate times
- Pre-lab includes a link to a Youtube Video. This can be replaced with other stimulus, like this poster.
- Question 9 in discussion references earlier lab work. Remove if necessary.