People's Pie is a balancing act! Your students must fund important programs without setting tax rates too high or borrowing too much money. To succeed, they must keep their residents happy and avoid a burdensome national debt. Are they ready for a piece of People’s Pie?
In iCivic's new game People's Pie, your students will:
- Set taxes and retirement age over a three-year period
- Weigh a variety of policies and funding needs across the federal government
- Assess policy pitches to determine funding commitments
- Review a proposed annual budget and make hard decisions to reach a balance or surplus
- Manage public approval, as each decision they make will have an impact
For English and Multilingual Learners: Use the support tool, Spanish translation, voiceover and glossary.