This ECE unit plan includes lessons that utilize Old MacDonald's Farm to teach math & science, literacy, social studies, and healthy practices.
Keywords: farm, fruit, vegetables, sorting, graphing, animals. Appropriate for Early Childhood Education (Pre-K and younger). ECE-MA, ECE-MA-co, ECE-MA-pa
Cognitive (math & science):
- The SWBAT compare and contrast farm animals and zoo animals
- The SWBAT rote count to 20
- The SWBAT follow a sequence to create a pattern
- The SWBAT complete a graph depicting the class favorite farm animals
- The SWBAT name letters, point to the title of a book and turn pages
- The SWBAT listen to and answer questions about a story
- The SWBAT follow a sequence to retell a story
- The SWBAT wash hands, properly sit at a table and eat breakfast, lunch & snacks
- The SWBAT clean his/her area
Social Emotional (social studies):
- The SWBAT point to classroom rules by pictures and words
- The SWBAT participate in activities with peers and appropriately take turns
- The SWBAT appreciate differences of others
Enjoy "Pre-K Visits Old MacDonald's Farm?
Check out more free lesson plans and resources in Share My Lesson's Pre-K At Home Collection or Favorite Pre-K Classroom Resources and Lesson Plans Collection.