Multiple resources from StoryCorps all about interviewing, including:
- Host of NPR’s Morning Edition, Steve Inskeep, gives advice on how to choose questions, sharpen up interviewing skills and what to do about silence.
- Q & A:12–year–old Joshua, who has Autism Spectrum Disorder, interviews his mother, and they cover everything from cockroaches to Sarah’s feelings about Joshua as a son.
- Four Tips for an Effective Interview: How to ask open-ended questions that help you guide your subject through personal stories and share in a great conversation.
- Tips for Active Listening: Tips from StoryCorps on how both people—interviewer and interviewee—can contribute to having a great conversation.
- Interview Planning Handout
- Great Questions Handout
Enjoy these StoryCorps interview tips?
Check out more free lesson plans and resources on Share My Lesson in the Thanksgiving Lesson Plans and Resources Collection or on the StoryCorps partner page.