Essential Questions: What are some common community issues? How can community issues (problems) be solved? Do all communities have their issues solved equitably? What are the responsibilities of community members?
- Students have the right to speak up about issues in their community.
- Students can take action to address issues (problems) in their community.
Students will know:
- Common issues that face different communities
- Understand the idea of civic action
- How to take civic action to address an issue in their community
- Understand the concept of equity