In this lesson teachers will be able to use the 5 E's learning model to teach an introduction to chemical reactions.
Students will identify a chemical reaction
Students will test baking soda and vinegar and discover these two reactants create a new product.
5 E's Learning Lesson:
- Engage- In the video- clip of bread rising.
- Explore- In the video- conduct experiment, Exploding Bag.
- Explain- Teacher explains reactants and products and the properties of a chemical reaction.
- Elaborate: Teacher gives ways to have students apply real life applications.
- Evaluate: Teacher gives students a writing prompt or some other form of evaluation.