This project is a 6th Grade tradition at Brentwood School. Many students look forward to it from Kindergarten
Grade Level(s): 4 - 6
- Students teach the school community valuable life lessons by designing banners and writing accompanying speeches that relate value-based quotes to everyday situations.
- The banner designs begin within the first 2-3 days of school and serve as an ice-breaker for the grade. While banners are individual, students share supplies and work closely with one another.
- 6th Grade students are the leaders and role models of our Lower School, and the banners are a tradition and opportunity to represent themselves creatively. There is displayed for the community throughout the year.
- Peer leadership is powerful and the lessons imparted to the school community through the banners and weekly speeches are remembered.
- Students practice writing for an audience and speaking in public.