It was 55 years ago when the Peanuts comic strip introduced its first African American character, Franklin Armstrong. A good student who loves science, music, and sports, Franklin joined the Peanuts Gang as a friend who is always ready to lend a helping hand.
Celebrate Franklin's anniversary and help generate self-reflection about friendship and discovering our own talents with standards-based activities for grades K-2 and 3-6 that support English language arts and social-emotional skills.
Franklin's first appearance was on July 31, 1968, when he met Charlie Brown at the beach.
Complete teaching kits for grades K-2 and 3-6 include:
- Teacher's guide/lesson plan
- 3 reproducible student activity sheets for K-2 and 3-6
Visit the PROGRAM SITE for more:
- Curricular standards alignment chart (K-6)
- Links to learn more about The Armstrong Project
- Links to the Peanuts website
- More Peanuts Gang educational programs
Made Possible By: Peanuts Worldwide