This lesson contains 3D models. Some of them are available after a free registration to the Lifeliqe app.
NGSS and CCSS aligned. Integrated in crosscutting concepts. Aligned with principal science textbooks.
The lesson is dedicated to the explanation of evolution of species based on the theory of Charles Darwin.
The principal learning objectives are:
• State Darwin’s theory of evolution by natural selection.
• Describe observations Darwin made on the voyage of the Beagle.
• Identify influences on Darwin’s development of evolutionary theory.
• Explain how a species can evolve through natural selection.
Science and Engineering Practices:
• Analyzing and Interpreting Data
• Constructing Explanations and Designing Solutions
• Engaging in Argument from Evidence
• Obtaining, Evaluating, and Communicating Information
Disciplinary Core Ideas:
• LS4.A: Evidence of Common Ancestry and Diversity
• LS4.B: Natural Selection
• LS4.C: Adaptation
• Cause and Eﬀect