Miladys Cepero-Perez facilitating a text structure professional learning session during Broward Education Foundation Innovative Teacher Expo.
1. Teach and reinforce the importance of identifying all the different types of text
structure that authors use in fiction and nonfiction text.
2. Utilize nonfiction text features to improve students’ research learning skills.
3. Increase students’ comprehension of different kinds of text, so students will be able to be proficient readers in Science, Social Studies, and Mathematics (STEM).
4. Utilize “Accountable Talk” in Reader and Writer Workshop as springboard for
learners’ awareness and accountability of their own learning.
5. Students will effectively use graphic organizes to identify text structure and use text
evidence to backup their claims in writing.