- What was unusual about this injury?
- How did this case help people understand the brain?
- Why have scientists continued to return to this case in their research?
- Why is it important that Gage went on to work as a stagecoach driver?
- Do you believe cases over 100 years old should still be studied? Why or why not?
- What message do you think can be drawn from the life of Phineas Gage?
Listenwise helps teachers use stories from public radio in their classrooms. To find more stories and lessons for your middle and high school ELA, social studies, and science classrooms you can sign up for a free Listenwise account!
Teaching Strategies for using Listenwise.