Join Morningside Center and Share My Lesson for a webinar on Restorative Practices.
Experienced Morningside Center trainers will share guidelines and tips for facilitating successful circles based on years of work implementing research-based programs in hundreds of New York City public schools. Participants will learn techniques for using circles to build their students’ social and emotional learning (SEL) skills, create a more caring classroom community, and strengthen school efforts to implement restorative practices.
Our facilitators will:
- Share guidelines for facilitating successful classroom circles, including prompts we have found most helpful when first beginning circles
- Provide practical suggestions for how to build students’ SEL skills inside classroom circles, including suggested circle topics
- Offer tips for using circles to build and maintain a strong sense of community in your classroom
- Discuss how circles can support your school’s move to restorative discipline
- Provide links to many more resources on becoming a skilled circle keeper