It's already back to school time? I can't believe the school year is finally upon us. My husband just returned for his 21st year of teaching high school IB English, my daughter is just two weeks away from entering first grade and our son is beginning his final year in pre-K. Phew!
As we prepare for the upcoming school year, we continue to seek out ways to make the transition easier on all of us as teachers and parents. We know those first few weeks can be hectic and rewarding, exciting and stressful, hopeful and nerve-racking.
That's why at the American Federation of Teacher's Share My Lesson – now a thriving online collaboration of 1.5 million members – we continually update our site to provide you with the best lesson plans, webinars and resources to make your life easier.
As you head back to school:
- Watch for SML's weekly newsletter (now arriving on Sundays) to better help with your weekly planning. You'll find some of our best curated material for every type of holiday, current event and content area in the newsletter. Sign up so you don't miss these exciting recommendations.
- Join a community, or start your own today. Have a PLC? Start your own professional learning community to share resources with your colleagues.
- Save time with our new homepage, which makes it even easier and faster to find the content and resources you need. Be sure to log in and update your profile with your grade and subject preferences for customized content recommendations.
- Follow your favorite SML users, partners and AFT local union affiliates to get updates when new material is added. Not sure where to start? Check out Share My Lesson Webinars.
- Access our top Back to School Resources and read our top 10 tips on making the most of what Share My Lesson can offer you and your students this school year.
We want you to start the school year off on the right foot. So, in addition to the resources listed above, we're giving away three Fitbit Versa Watches! Join our Freedom to Teach community and tell us what "the freedom to teach" means to you, and you'll be entered for a chance to win (terms & conditions).
From all of us at Share My Lesson, thank you for what you do to inspire kids every day. You certainly inspire us.
Director of Share My Lesson