Access Free Lesson Plan Here
In this lesson, students explore the effectiveness, co-benefits, and equity of climate solutions and create a climate action scenario to limit global warming to 1.5°C using Climate Interactive’s En-ROADS simulator.
Step 1 - Inquire: Students wonder about the composition of the atmosphere, and analyze the relationship between global temperature and atmospheric CO2.
Step 2 - Investigate: Students become familiar with the En-ROADS simulator and explore the real-world impact of different climate actions, including the co-benefits, equity considerations, and effect on global temperature.
Step 3 - Inspire: Students create an En-ROADS scenario of effective and equitable climate actions that limits the rise in global temperature to 1.5°C by the year 2100.
Students will be able to:
- Explain the relationship between atmospheric CO2 and trends in global temperature.
- Evaluate the effectiveness, feasibility, and equity considerations of different climate solutions.
- Use the Climate Interactive En-ROADS simulator to analyze the impact of climate actions and proposed solutions.
- Recognize equity concerns that result from global warming and climate change.
- Create a plan of action using the En-ROADS simulator that limits the rise in global temperature to 1.5°C by the year 2100.
More Free Stuff!