Access Free Lesson Plan Here: https://bit.ly/3si6cKH
In this lesson, students identify, research, analyze, and evaluate the historical context and ecological impact of invasive species on nearby communities, and strengthen their personal sense of belonging and responsibility to Hawai‘i.
Step 1 - Inquire: Students discuss invasive species and choose an invasive they recognize.
Step 2 - Investigate: Students conduct research on invasive species' historical context and ecological impacts utilizing approved sources and take photographs of an invasive species around them.
Step 3 - Inspire: Students create an infographic and write an ”Instagram” post with a relevant, engaging caption summarizing what they have learned about their invasive species.
Students will be able to:
- Identify an invasive species on the island of Maui.
- Analyze the historical context and ecological impact of the invasive species.
- Summarize their findings in an infographic and informative “Instagram” caption.
- Create an infographic reflecting the historical context of the invasive species and its ecological impact.
- Develop a call to action connecting the impacts of invasive species to climate change.
More Free Stuff!