Poor mental health affects many students and their families. With this module, teachers gain access to an in-depth guide to common mental health challenges and conditions, social-emotional learning, the importance of teacher mental well being and so much more! This module is designed to empower teachers with the tools and resources to help students work through mental health challenges and improve their own mental well-being.
- What information and resources do educators need to support students experiencing challenges with regards to their mental health?
- Why is it important for educators to be equipped to support students in these situations?
Objective/Purpose: Provide the framing and general understanding of mental well-being.
- What is mental well-being?
- What does it look like in the school, town/city or wider area?
- How are students impacted directly or indirectly?
Learning Goals: During this module, educators will:
- Learn about mental health by exploring statistics and understanding risks for youth.
- Examine their own biases and opinions.
- Develop the ability to identify when a student’s mental health is at risk.
Enjoy this resource on mental well-being?
Check out more free lesson plans and resources on Share My Lesson in the Mental Health Awareness Collection.