In this lesson, students learn how to use multiple Google applications to create, plan and organize an event. They can use it to create fictional events or with real events (i.e. a school fundraiser or student activity) and learn how to make flyers, to do lists, websites and more.
Getting started is easy. Go to the Applied Digital Skills website and sign up to set up your first class. Check out this guide with step-by-step instructions or go directly to the lesson through this link.
- Create an Event Design Journal and gather feedback from a partner.
- Create a spreadsheet to track tasks and helpers for their event.
- Create a group calendar and communicate with email.
- Create a logo for the event.
- Build an event flyer using the new logo.
- Create a website for the event.
- Find, evaluate, and select appropriate sources to answer questions.
- Communicate and publish key ideas and details in a way that informs, persuades, and/or entertains.
- Work individually or collaboratively using a variety of digital tools and media-rich resources.
- Identify and explain terms and concepts related to spreadsheets (cell, column, row, values, labels, chart/graph).
- Integrate information from multiple file formats into a single artifact.
- Write a computer program to automate a task.
- Digitally publish a website.