Getting started is easy. Go to the Applied Digital Skills website and sign up to set up your first class. Check out this guide with step-by-step instructions or go directly to the lesson through this link.
This lesson uses videos to teach critical life and technology skills through a self-guided research project. Students research technology’s impact on the workplace and on people’s daily lives. Then, they create a report to communicate their findings.
By the end of these lessons, students should be able to:
- Explain how technology creates new jobs and changes the way people work.
- Recognize information and innovation as key drivers of today’s economy.
- Describe various ways technology continuously changes the workplace.
- Identify different ways technology is used in jobs that may not be typically thought of as “tech” jobs.
- Plan and employ effective research strategies to locate information and other resources for their intellectual or creative pursuits
- Publish or present content that customizes the message and medium for their intended audiences