Getting started is easy. Go to the Applied Digital Skills website and sign up to set up your first class. Check out this guide with step-by-step instructions or go directly to the lesson through this link.
This lesson uses videos to teach critical life and technology skills through a self-guided research project. Students research a current event, like “social media and presidential elections,” and create a report to communicate findings to classmates.
By the end of these lessons, students should be able to:
- Explain technology’s role in current events to reveal how it both informs and transforms our world.
- Identify and assess the risks, limits, and opportunities surrounding technology’s role in current events.
- Explain the role of “citizen journalists” and their effect on current events.
- Plan and employ effective research strategies to locate information and other resources for their intellectual or creative pursuits
- Publish or present content that customizes the message and medium for their intended audiences