Teachers will use the Voyager Story This is Home to foster student exploration of the ways that people around the globe are living and compare and contrast others lifestyles to their own.
• Students will reflect on their community to better understand their own lifestyle.
• Teachers will introduce students to a different lifestyle using the Google Earth Voyager Story, This is Home.
• Together, the class will explore the various aspects of life and students will gather information about life in the selected location.
• Students will then use this information to compare and contrast the way their community lives with a community in another part of the world.
• Finally, students will apply their understanding of a different lifestyle by creating a journal entry written from the perspective of a student living in that community.