Students explore the importance and process of classification. Students apply the concept of biological classification to a real hierarchy of birds, analyzing bird photos and organizing them into groups based on physical characteristics.
- Students will classify organisms into groups based on adaptations and traits
- Students will compare, contrast, and discuss the traits of different organisms
Lessons in this unit:
- Classification Activity 1: What is Classification?
- Classification Activity 2: Animal Classification
- Classification Activity 3: Plant Classification
- Classification Activity 4: That's Classified!