Students use EOL Species Cards to sort and make observations of animals, then use the RAFT writing strategy to create short presentations about the characteristics of each major group of animals.
- Students will classify animals into groups based on physical traits and characteristics
- Students will compare, contrast, and discuss the traits of different organisms
Lessons in this unit:
- Classification Activity 1: What is Classification?
- Classification Activity 2: Animal Classification
- Classification Activity 3: Plant Classification
- Classification Activity 4: That's Classified!