After learning about and observing the differences between flowering and nonflowering plants, students go outside and search for plants in schoolyard, keeping notes and drawings of their observations.
- Students will classify flowering and nonflowering plants into groups based on adaptations and traits
- Students will compare, contrast, and discuss the traits of different plants
Lessons in this unit:
- Classification Activity 1: What is Classification?
- Classification Activity 2: Animal Classification
- Classification Activity 3: Plant Classification
- Classification Activity 4: That's Classified!